Sunday, September 23, 2007

Radiohead Creep



Radiohead has been one of my favorite bands since I first heard the song creep in the 1990's. Then when OK Computer was released I went absolutely ape for Radiohead. That album insured them a place in my personal musical hall of fame. But I am not a very good listener, so even though I have listened to the song Creep hundreds of times. I have never really understood the first lines of that song until I watched the video above.

The song suddenly means so much more to me now. The lines "When you were here before, couldn't look you in the eye. You're just like an angel, your skin makes me cry. You float like a feather in a beautiful world. I wish I was special, you're so very special." Is kind of the story of my life when it comes to women. So often I have this lack of confidence that cripples me. When a woman beautiful in the way that their "skin makes me cry" I am unable to look at them.

Then once I am able to at least partially overcome the inability to look at a woman like that, who happens to also be intelligent, I'm suddenly unable to put two sentences together to save my life. I am really not sure why I turn women into angels. Well being a self conscious man is a crippling disease.

No comments: